The last report of the Kurdish Red Crescent on the health situation abouth the first day of Turkish and Islamic groups militarty invasion in Northeast Syria
On October 9, 2019 the Turkish army with islamic alies started an offensive targeting mainly the area betweeen Serekaniye and Tilebyed. SDF in turn started to defend the area, after few hours a massive displacement of pupuation started toward south areas such as Hasake city and Tiltemir city. It was reported that 2 airplains were used so far targeting the following areas Airstrikes: Sere kaniye (Ras Al Ain) x7, Ein Issa x2, Tell Abiad x1
• 16.35 hrs: indirect fire against Tell Salloush(west Al Munbateh) – Tell Abiad Sub-District.
• 16.40hrs: airstrike onto former CF border post in Tell Fender – Tell Abiad Sub-District.
• 16.50hrs: indirect fire onto Bir Asheq checkpoint – Tell Abiad Sub-District.
• 16.50hrs: two airstrikes against Abu Serraand Hoshan villages (approx. 15km North West of Ein Issa Town) – Ein Issa Sub-District. Six SDF members were reportedly killed.
• 17.00hrs: indirect fire on a military position of the Tell Abiad Military Council (evacuated a week ago) and onto the school in Yabseh village – Tell Abiad Sub-District.
• 17.30hrs: Indirect fire towards Qanat Swiys Neighbourhood of Quamishli City –Quamishli SubDistrict.
• 17.30hrs: Mortar rounds and artillery fire onto the outskirts of Mansura village – Al-Malekkiyeh Sub-district.
• 17.40hrs: Indirect Fire onto the outskirts ofEsmailiyeh village – Al-Malekkiyeh Sub-district.
• 18.20hrs: Indirect Fire against Tal Elhasanat and Kherbet Balak villages – Jawadiyah Subdistrict.
• 18.30hrs: TAF removed parts from the wall north of Quamishli City. • At night a lot of clashes were happening in TIlebyed and casiualtis from both sided were recorded.
Any further event/incidents will be shared in the next update.
Casualties and damages so far: Current information suggests the following civilian casualties recorded by KRC team until 9pm:
25 injuries, 4 of them female
15 male between 18 and 50 years old.
6 children less than 17 shrapnel and shocked – between
5 dead cases, 3 of them are male and 2 are female from Qamishli and tilebyed
The hospital in Serekaniye (Ras Al-Ain) is out of services, cases has been referred to Tal Tamr Hospital, Hassakeh Hospital and Ein Issa Hospital.
The largest Christian Neighborhood (Bisheriya) in NE Syria is being bombed and some civilian houses were burned, 2 of the died civilians were from there.
This targeting is affecting the situaiton in NES for Local and IDPs in the the 7 main camps in NES; we have already decleared in KRC that:
Due to the clashes on the border with Turkey and injuries and casualties, we have been required to reposition our medical and ambulance teams from several camps such as Alhol, Areesha, Ain Issa, roj and other camps.
Unfortunately, this situation may cause a decline in the quality of work in these camps, which contain tens of thousands of refugees and displaced people, but the priorities of the stage requires that we respond first to life-threatening situations. Most of our partners from humanitarian organizations and other INGOs in the region, for security reasons, have limited access to the camps, which threatens to decrease the service and increase the burden on the camp administrations and security forces guarding certain sectors within these camps such as Al Hol. We will work in the Kurdish Red Crescent in our best efforts to arrange our teams to respond to the emergency situation on the border with Turkey and to continue working with the same quality in the camps.
Heyva Sor a Kurd announced the names of some of those killed or wounded by the attacks of the Turkish army and allied mercenaries against North and East Syria.
Names of the slain civilians:
*Fadî Seberî Hebsono (32) killed in a bombardment on his house in Beshiriye neighborhood of Qamishlo
*Colyêt Yaqûb Nîkola (30): killed in a bombardment on Beshiriye neighborhood of Qamishlo
*Mihemed Hac Îsmaîl: killed in a bombardment on his car in Metkalta village of Gire Spi
*Rebîa Îsmaîl: killed in a bombardment on his car in Metkalta village of Gire Spi
*Ekrem Yusiv: killed in a bombardment on Qamishlo
Names of the injured civilians:
*Rêzan îsmaîl (9), injured in Metkalta village of Gire Spi
*Abdulxenî Hemo (17): injured in Qamishlo
*Delîl Musa (32): injured in Xerbî neighborhood of Qamishlo
*Basil Meter Mihemed (19): injured in Serêkaniyê
*Yehya Îbrahîm El-Casim (25): injured in Dirbêsiyê
*Ehmed Xidir Dender: injured in Asme village of Kobanê